[fusion_images picture_size=”auto” hover_type=”none” autoplay=”yes” columns=”2″ column_spacing=”13″ scroll_items=”” show_nav=”yes” mouse_scroll=”no” border=”no” lightbox=”no” hide_on_mobile=”small-visibility,medium-visibility,large-visibility” class=”” id=””][fusion_image image=”https://promocionsocial.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/YMM_4ed-1-1024×831.jpg” image_id=”58401|large” link=”” linktarget=”_self” alt=”” /][fusion_image image=”https://promocionsocial.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/YMM-30-1024×831.jpg” image_id=”57680|large” link=”” linktarget=”_self” alt=”” /][fusion_image image=”https://promocionsocial.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/YMM-25-1024×831.jpg” image_id=”57671|large” link=”” linktarget=”_self” alt=”” /][/fusion_images]
After 3 editions of Youth MUN Madrid, Social Promotion Foundation together with the Fabre Foundation, has adapted the programme to the “new normality” derived from the COVID-19 crisis, with the aim of making it more accessible and inclusive for adolescents from any social, economic or cultural situation, and empowering facilitators (teachers, social educators and volunteers) to raise awareness on the value of interculturality.
The adaptation makes it possible to teach it, not only from youth associations, but from any educational centre or social entity; it favours equal opportunities for learning this educational tool, which has traditionally been linked to private educational environments; and it transforms the face-to-face programme into a blended learning one, more suitable to the new current situation of global crisis.
In the face-to-face modality (online if the health situation does not allow it) adolescents will be able to participate in:
- SDG and Agenda 2030 workshops, given by Fundación Promoción Social and Fundación Fabre.
- SPAIN YOUTH MUN 2020 youth dialogue forum (3-6 November) at the Carlos III University of Madrid, to see the MUN intercultural experience up close.
- The Youth MUN Madrid Youth dialogue forum 2021 (June).
Through the online platform, which incorporates technology and digital resources, will be offered:
- Dynamics based on MUN simulations, delivered by the Association for the United Nations in Spain (ANUE), with which participants will increase their knowledge regarding issues of the 2030 Agenda, as well as the culture, history, politics and geography of the different countries.
- Workshops for the development of skills (public speaking, critical thinking, negotiation, writing, language skills -Spanish and English-) and attitudes such as tolerance, respect, citizen participation, responsibility and global vision taught by Impacta.
- Thematic simulations for dialogue on social problems arising from the COVID-19 crisis, organised by the Social Promotion Foundation.
- Workshop for the design of social action activities through the #iDeas2030 initiative of the Fabre Foundation.