Constituted in 1987, the Founding Board of Trustees included different people with experience in education and business, all of them sharing the same goal of working for the disadvantaged people in Spain and other countries.
Since then, the most important milestones of the Foundation are shown as follows:
NGO in Special Consultative Status with the Economic and Social Council of the United Nations (ECOSOC)
NGO in General Consultative Status with the Economic and Social Council of the United Nations (ECOSOC)
Since 2005, qualified by the Spanish Agency for International Development Cooperation (AECID)
In 2013, received the Liaison Status by FAO
Meets all the control and transparency requirements in the exercise of its activities
Mission, vision and values
The mission of the Foundation is to guarantee that all people live according to human dignity and enable people to take over their lives and become the producers of their own development.
Its vision is to build a solidarity based culture, centered in the individual and the need to achieve better and more dignified ways of life and work, liberty and social participation for all.
Its purpose is to enhance the unique abilities each individual has. To do that, it pursues on an agile, efficient way of working, paying special attention to the civil sector in order to achieve true development. The values that support the institutional mission of the Foundation are described in the following institutional ends:
- Contribute to the reduction of poverty and inequalities by promoting a human, economic, social, sustainable and well-balanced development.
- Promote education and professional training as the base for long-lasting development, as producer of wealth and social engagement.
- Make possible the promotion of women in all areas and activities in order to increase their social participation and incentivize their access to decision making.
- Support minorities so to guarantee equal access to basic goods and services, according to justice and equality, and promote cultural dialogue and peace building.
- Promote and diffuse culture as a qualified expression of individuals and its historical hazards, with the purpose of contributing to cultural dialogue and agreement between social groups.
- Raise a deeper social and charitable awareness, especially among the young.
Statutes and codes of conduct
Code of conduct
Guide of environmental good practices