It was held at Pontificia Università della Santa Croce in Rome the second meeting of the Committee of “Journalism and Religious Traditions” which brings together representatives of different faiths.
The aim of the meeting of the Committee, which took place in Rome last 26 September was to reflect on concrete issues and problems on which to work together in the near future to ensure a contribution to society. Starting from the specific identities but with the idea that pluralism and diversity are a wealth.
The participants at this second meeting were:
- Abdellah Redouane, Director of the Italian Islamic Cultural Center – Grand Mosque of Rome;
- Francois Vayne, ournalist (France);
- Giovan Battista Brunori, journalist (Italy);
- Giovanna Chirri, journalist (Italy);
- Giovanni Cubeddu, journalist (Italy);
- Giulio Maspero, professor at the Faculty of Theology of the Pontifical University of the Holy Cross (Italy);
- Manuel Sánchez, President of the Iscom Association;
- Marta Brancatisano, professor at the Communication Faculty of the Pontifical University of the Holy Cross (Italy);
- Noemi Di Segni, President of the Union of Italian Jewish Communities (Italy);
- Phoebe Natanson, Journalist (Great Britain);
- Rossella Miranda, Coordinator of the Center for Middle Eastern Studies of the Social Promotion Foundation in Italy;
- Svamini Hamsananda Ghiri, Vice President of the Italian Hindu Union;